About the Department
B.Tech – Information Technology
Knowledge Partner and Powered by Virtusa & (Virtusa Batch Adoption Program)
HONOURS DEGREE OFFERED: B. TECH (HONOURS IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY WITH SPECIALIZATION IN) • Full Stack Engineering • Fintech and Web 3.0 • Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning • Data Science • Media Processing • Cyber Security • Quantum Computing MINOR DEGREE OFFERED: B. TECH -INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY WITH MINOR DEGREE IN • Internet of Things • Robotics and Automation • Electric Vechicle Technology • Embedded Systems • Business Analytics • Entrepreneurship and Innovation Ph.D. - INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
The Department of Information Technology was started in the year 1999 with an intake of 30 students in B.Tech Information Technology and at present, the sanctioned intake is 120. The National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi, has accredited the Program B.Tech Information Technology. The Department aims at providing domain specific training and skills to the students for pursuing a career in Information Technology. Our mission is to create a conducive environment for technical learning, fostering a desire for higher education and research in the field of Information Technology. Additionally, we aim to equip our learners with the necessary skills to tackle global challenges, nurture an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset. We provide personalized care and counseling to our students, ensuring their holistic development.
The Department has well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratory facilities to carry out various projects, research and consultancy activities. The department has received AICTE-CII Award 2018 for the Best Industry-Linked Institute for Computer & IT Engineering & Allied Courses (Established-Degree).
A dedicated team of 15 faculty members contributes to the holistic development of students. The faculty team includes Two Professors, Four Associate Professors and Nine Assistant Professors. 47% of faculty members are Ph.D. holders. All the faculty members actively participate in consultancy and research activities. Faculty members are trained by the Industries like Virtusa, TCS, Cognizant, Infosys, Wipro, BNY Mellon, etc., in the niche areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Full Stack Engineering, Cloud Computing and Cyber Security. To promote the entrepreneurship culture among the students, the faculty members are mentoring the student’s startups. One faculty startup registered with GST.
Virtusa Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd., our esteemed Knowledge Partner, contributes to the design of 40.38% of the B.Tech Information Technology curriculum and syllabus. The curriculum includes a majority of Practicum Integrated Courses that focus on niche areas. Expert professionals from Virtusa deliver course contents, which are further enhanced by the AI-driven learning platform, RMK Nextgen, providing students with a personalized learning experience.
Our consistent track record of over 94% placement rate for more than a decade speaks to our commitment to securing successful career opportunities for our graduates, with the highest salary package offered at 29 Lakhs Per Annum.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT:
The Department faculty members have a strong publication record with their research articles appearing in reputed National and International Journals. The Department has organized National Seminars and International Conferences funded by AICTE. The Department has completed funded research projects from AICTE and applied for grants to various other organizations. Students are also encouraged to participate in a variety of innovative Challenges and research-related activities. The Department of Information Technology has collaborated with Virtusa Consulting Services Pvt Ltd., Chennai and Binghamton University, New York for research work Whole Genome Sequencing. The Department has Cooperative Research with TOENEC Corporation, Japan and Nagoya Intitute of Technology, Japan for the Research Work Development of High-Performance Fault Diagnostic Method using AI Techniques.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND STUDENTS CLUB ACTIVITIES:
Students are encouraged to be a part of professional societies like the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), The Institution of Engineers (IEI), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) and the IT Students Association. Students participate in various technical events like Paper Presentations, Quiz, Project Contests, Coding Contests, Model Building and Prototype Contests organized by these students’ chapters and Associations. Students also organize and participate in various intra-department competitions conducted by the Technical Club and various other clubs. The national level technical symposium, “CYBERNAUTIX” is organized every year as a part of the IT students Association to provide a platform for other college students to display their talents. As a part of student’s association activities, Guest Lectures, Workshops, Master Class, BootCamps and Seminars are arranged with experts from the industry as resource persons.
CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE:
We take pride in our 5 Centres of Excellence(CoE) and Industry Collaborative Laboratories such as Virtusa Full Stack CoE, Virtusa Front End CoE, Virtusa Cloud Computing CoE, Virtusa Data Science CoE, and TCS Cyber Security CoE, which foster cutting-edge research and industry partnerships. We organize Guest Lectures, Faculty Development Programme, Hackathons, Hands-on training by Industry Experts, Project Expo with Industry Mentoring, Product Development & Startup Registration and Mini-project.
- We have maintained a perfect graduation rate of 100% for both the academic year 2021-2022 and 2022-2023.
- The Batch 2018-2022 witnessed a remarkable 100% placement rate, highlighting the success of our graduates in securing fulfilling career opportunities.
- Furthermore, the Batch 2019-2023 achieved an impressive placement rate of 98.07% and is on the verge of reaching the coveted 100% milestone.
- Industry Designed Autonomous Curriculum
- Research Oriented Curriculum in Futuristic Technologie
- Product Development Lab from Semester I to IV through AICTE Idea Lab
- Curriculum delivery through Innovative Pedagogical Techniques with Smart Classrooms, Viewsonic boards and LCD Projectors
- Math Club Coding Club, Language Club, Science and Innovation Club, Tech Club – Product Development, Photography Club, Humor Club, Eco Club, Yoga Club, TEDx Club, Cultural Club, Astronomy Club, Sports Club
- Live Interactive Assessment through RMKNextGen
- Activity-Based Learning, Blended Learning, Project-Based Learning
- Designing and Development of Digital Course Materials by our team of faculty
- Counselling and Performance monitoring through Pragati Online Counselling App
- Recognizing High Performers (RHP) and SkillRack Elite forum for Top coders
- Industry Internship in Curriculum – 1 week in winter & 3 weeks in summer
- Co-curricular and Extra-curricular talents are showcased through 13 Student Clubs right from First Year
- Achievements of students in Corporate Competitions and Hackathons
- 40 students are placed in 2023 Batch with more than 5 LPA
- Winners of National Level Smart India Hackathon, Organized by MoE, Govt. of India with cash prize of 1 Lakh consecutively for three years
- Participation of students in Virtusa Student Ambassador Program & Microsoft Imagine Cup 2023
- Organizing Industrial Visits to IIT Madras, Mr.Cooper, Virtusa, etc.,
- Published more than 260 papers and 11 Patents
- Our student has been recognized as Top 10 Learners in Infosys Springboard
- Signed with Industries like Virtusa Consulting Services Private Limited, Infosys, HCL, Tata Consultancy Services, KPIT Technologies, etc.,
- Recipient of Virtusa Long Term Relationship Award
- Students’ Participation in Google Cloud Readiness Programme
- Industry training for faculty through Train-The-Trainer Model
- Full Stack training and Certification by Industry
- Online Certifications – Coursera, edX, NPTEL