RMK Student Start-up Programme (RSSP)
To create 50 Tech-based start-ups (Student Owned) and 5000(Five Thousand) employment opportunities within the next 7 years . This would be done by developing an effective entrepreneurial eco system and providing strong institutional support.
To help create a larger number of student-driven, on campus start-ups that will add to economic and social value. To achieve this,the below mentioned strategies would be applied:
- Motivating students and encouraging them to take up entrepreneurship as a preferred career choice.
- Preparing students for successful launching of their start-ups.
- Developing customized teaching and training materials for start-ups and engaging them in pre startup activities.
- Capacity Building Activities for faculty as well as students.
An entity that develops a business model based on either product innovation or service innovation and makes it scalable, replicable and independent.
Advisory Committee on Start-up
An Advisory Committee on Startups is comprised of Chairman, Management Members & Advisors, Principal, Deans and experts from EDII-TN & MSME. This committee will help the students for the effective development of innovative products.
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Internet of Things (IOT)
- Agriculture and allied fields
Funding & Facilities Provided
Seed Money for creating facilities for selected Start up Incubators which includes:
- Modern work space
- Communication facilities
- Computing facilities
- Vital equipment nedded in identified area
- Library & Information centre
- Training,Workshop and conference facilities
- Company registration guidance
- Patent filing guidance
- Travel & Food
- Engineering students / Alumni of RMKEC
Criteria for Selection
- Open Competition with filled Online proforma
- Detailed Presentation to RMK Start-up Advisory Committee