About the Department
Courses Offered :
B.E. - COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING (Knowledge partners: TCS - Cyber Security, NTT Data - Full Stack Technology, ATOS - Cloud Computing ) (Joins Google Career Readiness Program) B.E (HONOURS) IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING WITH SPECIALIZATION IN • Cyber Security • Cloud Computing • Full Stack Development • Data Science • Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning B.E. CSE WITH MINOR DEGREE • Internet of Things • Creative Media and Design • Robotic and Automation • Fintech and Blockchain • Intelligent Healthcare • Digital Marketing • Virtual and Augmented Reality
M.E. - COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Ph.D. - INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering established in the year 1997, provides an outstanding research environment complemented by excellence in teaching. The Department offers an under-graduate program B.E. (CSE) with an annual intake of 180 students, a post-graduate programme M.E. (CSE) since 2004 and Ph.D. since 2006. The B.E. program has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in the year 2006, 2013, 2018, 2021 and 2022. The Department has state-of-the art laboratories to fulfill the curriculum and Four Industry collaborated Centers of Excellence (COEs) in Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Front-End Engineering and Full Stack Technology. The Department has received AICTE-CII award for Best Industry linked Computer & IT Engineering institute in the year 2018 and subsequently under Platinum category. The Department also received the CSI Best Student Chapter award, consecutively for the years 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2019.
FACULTY STRENGTH: The Department is enriched with dedicated and multi-disciplinary faculty team of 5 Professors, 15 Associate Professors and 23 Assistant Professors. The Department promotes research among the faculty and 18 of them are doctorates and 10 are pursuing Ph.D. Faculty Members were trained and certified in the Futuristic Technologies by Industry. The faculty members are active members of professional bodies such as ISTE, CSI, IACSIT, IEI, SPIN, PMI, ACM, IEEE, ISRO and IAENG.
CURRICULUM ENRICHMENT: Enhanced curriculum for career enrichment under autonomous system with 40% syllabus by Industry as knowledge partner. Curriculum delivery is implemented using project based learning, activity based learning and blended learning. Self Learning is inculcated among students by using RMK Nextgen an AI powered Learning platform to impart Personalized Learning Experience. Digital Course Materials was designed and developed by our team of Faculty for the effective utilization of students in the Teaching Learning process
PLACEMENT STATISTICS: By imparting 360o placement training, students received offers from top MNCs such as Amazon, Zoho, Walmart, TCS, Cognizant, Wipro, Infosys, L&T InfoTech, Virtusa, IBM, Hitachi, Accenture, etc. with consistent 95% of placement and highest salary package of 29 lakhs per annum.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- A strong research record is maintained by publishing research articles in International journals indexed by SCI, SCI(E) WOS and Scopus.
- Successfully produced 37 Ph.D. Scholars and currently 26 scholars are pursuing Ph.D.in our Research Centre.
- Offers consultancy services in Mobile-App development, Bigdata Analytics, Webdesign and Web Application Development.
- Developed real-time projects for Industries like L&T, Michelin Tyres and CZ Smart Mobility.
- Eighteen Patents have been filed and Published by Faculty and Students.
- Proposals for research grants are submitted to AICTE, DST, SERB, MEITY and TNSCST, IKS and UBA.
- Organized an STTP funded by AICTE to the tune of Rs.3 Lakhs and FDTP on Data Structures funded by Anna University, Chennai.
SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENTS & RECOGNITIONS:
- 100 % of the 2018-22 batch students graduated with 95% of placement.
- 3 Gold medals, 108 UG Ranks and 48 PG ranks are secured since inception.(To be included)
- Won the 1st prize of 1lakh in the National Level Smart India Hackathon-SIH 2020 organized by MHRD and participated in the Grand Finale of SIH-2018 and 2019.
- Received UBA-Govt. of India fund 1 Lakh for a student project V-Tank.
- Won prizes in Cognizant Big Idea Contest 2019, Cognizant Think Equal Contest 2020,worth Rs.50,000/- & Rs.10,000/-
- Received Best Student Awards from IEI/ISTE/CSI Student Chapters, CSI Highest Committed Student Activist Award, Dr.Kalam Achiever’s Award
- Bagged ‘Best Project Awards’ from Cognizant, TCS and ISTE.
- Received Best Paper Awards from IEI Technical Conference-2021 and ICICSCNT-2021.
- Received IEI ‘Best Project Awards’ from IEI Technical conclave held at IEI local Centre Hosur.
- Participated in AICTE-ECI Chhatra Vishwakarma Award-2017 and 2020, CSI National Product Development Hackathon-2021.
- Best Faculty Awards received from TCS, Cognizant, Research and Educational Academy, etc.
- ISTE Best Student Award for the Year 2021.
- Students won the Popular Choice Award WIT ACE Hackathon 2021-Indias Largest Women Focused Hackathon.
- Best Faculty Advisor Award 2021 in recognition of the outstanding contribution and involvement for promoting Technical Activities through IEI Student Chapter
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES & STUDENTS CLUB ACTIVITIES:
The Department is involved in various technical activities in collaboration with professional societies like CSI, ISTE, IEI and IEEE Best of these activities include technical hands-on training, programming contest, paper presentation, mini-project contest and mobile app contest to encourage, instill and practice leadership and communication skills. Established various clubs for showcasing co-curricular and extra-curricular talents and a coding club to enhance programming skills.