R.M.K. Engineering College Entrepreneurship Cell (E Cell) is a management supported Pre- Incubation centre, that focuses on developing the Entrepreneurial mind-set amongst students thereby promoting Start-up culture was formed in 2008. It is approved by Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED), Anna University and Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute-Tamil Nadu (EDII)
This Cell encourage students throughout the nation to start their own enterprise with following initiatives
- Organising Workshops/Seminar and Guest Lectures periodically to create awareness about Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- Functioning as a guide for students with innovative ideas which can be transformed into successful Product/Process.
- Providing Mentorship through individuals for students launching their start-ups.
- Provide seed money to convert idea to prototype.
- Funding to file, publish and grant patent.
- Organize internal Hackathons, idea competition, Mini-challenges, Project Expo, Field visit to villages, schools and incubation centres, Business Plan Contest, Intellectual Property Rights workshop, Entrepreneur Talk, Leadership Talk, Innovation day Celebrations, Start-up and Entrepreneur Award functions with the involvement of industries.