Knowledge Partner : TATA ELXSI
Signed MoU with NEC Technologies as Recruiting Partner
Signed MoU with Skill Development Partner with Telecom Sector Skill Council
About Telecom CoE
The Telecom Centre of Excellence germinated with the high growth trajectory of telecommunications. The idea of the telecom Centre of Excellence is to bring the Academic Institutions, Telecom Industry and Government together with the objective of creating an ecosystem for sustainable growth of the telecom sector in the country. This CoE encourages collaboration between Entrepreneurs, Industry & the government with the academia in the Research & Development domain. The Telecom technologies such as Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH), GSM, CDMA, Wireless Local Loop (WLL), NFV, MPLS, Software Defined Network (SDN), New Technology Switching Systems (NTSS), Next Generation Network (NGN) covers Switching, Transmission, Wireless Communication, Technology Familiarization, Computers and IT.
Advisory committee details:
- Advisory Committee with experts from the various industries provides their expertise on the activities of the TELECOM CoE. The Advisory Committee meets twice a year in the campus forreviewing the activities and providing guidance for further growth.
- The Committee consists of experts from Wipro, TATAELXSI, NECTecnologies,Cognizant, TCS, Aricent, Aircel, Qualcomm,Prodapt, W2BI, CeWiT, Samsung, and Dhyan Networks.
This CoE enhances the skills of the students in an eloquent manner, enables them to acquire skills in new technologies employ them in elite core companies and prunes their prowess in novel technology areas.
TATA ELXSI and NEC Technologies bringing an excellent opportunity for the students to get mentored by experienced TELECOM Technology. These companies are the world’s leading providers of design and technology services across industries including TELECOM, Automotive, Broadcast, Communications, Healthcare, and Transportation. This mentorship and Internship program will connect the students with experienced technology experts from Tata Elxsi and NEC Technologies to get personalized guidance and coaching for the future career development. On successful completion, they will get a certificate from Tata Elxsi and NEC Technologies.
THE ACTIVITIES OF THE CENTRE ARE FOCUSED ON:
- Application-oriented Telecom R&D and Innovation jointly with the Industry.
- Capacity building through “Training the Trainers” & “Entrepreneurship Development”
- Think Tank activities for Policy Advocacy towards Governance & Regulation of Telecom Sector Influencing Global Standards to cater to Indian needs.